gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] pps of ublox, how to enable and what params to set?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] pps of ublox, how to enable and what params to set?
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 10:38:48 -0700

Yo Askar!

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 09:45:25 +0300
Askar Ibragimov <address@hidden> wrote:

> I had one unit of U-Blox 6 and it was working ok with gpsd. Currently
> I bought another one and it seems that I am not getting the PPS
> signal. With older one it used to work.

Most GPS vendors do not connect the PPS pin.  If you give us
your GPS model number I can check the online specs.  Not much we can
help you with unless we have the model number.

Less likely, but still common, is that you new GPS is outputting
TTL levels instead of RS-232 levels and your serial input is glitching.

> Is there any way I can say to it that it should emit PPS?

Reset the GPS to factory defaults and be sure the GPS has a 3D fix.

> Also, what
> parameters of PPS gpsd needs?

Factory defaults are fine.

> Can GPSD utility programs help to
> configure u-blox, or I should do it separately with ublox windows
> program?

Whatever is the easiest for you to get to factory defaults.  I would just
use minicom.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588