gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] pps of ublox, how to enable and what params to set?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] pps of ublox, how to enable and what params to set?
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 11:41:11 -0700

Yo Askar!

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 20:50:12 +0300
Askar Ibragimov <address@hidden> wrote:

> the device is EVK-6T-0  U-blox 6 eval kit Precision Timing. Also, I
> tested same device and it used to work. Just we purchased our own and
> I do not see the PPS. I trust the gpsd itself developed on this same
> hardware or very similar.

Yes, that one should work pretty well.  The factory defaults should
be all you need.  Theoretically it can give even better accuracy if you
put it in Time Mode.

I assume you are using this in RS-232 mode and connecting it to a
motherboard serial port?

The protocol spec is here:

http://www.ublox.com/images/downloads/Product_Docs/u-blox6_ReceiverDescriptionProtocolSpec_%28GPS.G6-SW-10018%29.pdf

Section 11 is about the PPS. It shows that the Windows tool allows
easy PPS configuration.

I guess it might be nice to have a gpsctl option to put a GPS in default
mode...

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588