gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Regression Test Failures with gpsd 3.15

From: Thomas Kuhn
Subject: [gpsd-users] Regression Test Failures with gpsd 3.15
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 10:38:55 -0500

Hi All,

While I have another message out there trying to figure out another iss, I decided to try compiling the newest version of gpsd (3.15).

- Ubuntu 15.10
- Ran "apt-get build-dep gpsd"

I am currently failing 10 regression tests:

"test/daemon/bu303-climbing.log"
"test/daemon/bu303-moving.log"
"test/daemon/bu303-nofix.log"
"test/daemon/bu303-stillfix.log"
"test/daemon/bu303b-nofix.log"
"test/daemon/italk-binary.log"
"test/daemon/navcom.log"
"test/daemon/ublox-aek-4t.log"
"test/daemon/ublox-lea-4t.log"
"test/daemon/ublox-sirf1.log"

According to documentation that is most likely due to:

"The most common such problem is failures of strict C99 conformance in floating-point libraries."

How can I go about checking this in ubuntu 15.10?  What changes can I make to get the regression tests passed?  I will eventually need to build for ARM, but This would be a good first step.

Tom