gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Cross Compile for Android

From: robberer
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Cross Compile for Android
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 08:13:17 +0100

Am 01.03.2016 20:00 schrieb Gary E. Miller:
Yo Longrin!

Hi Gary,

On Tue, 01 Mar 2016 12:04:28 +0100
address@hidden wrote:

I'm trying to get gpsd on my Android phone.

Wow, you would be the first that we know of.

So far the compilation process succeeded.

Which puts you way ahead of anyone else. If you send a recipe for how you
did that I'll add it to the gpsd documentation and try it myself.

Well, I don't know what to say, I think I like your humor. :-)

I followed instructions from a post on the gpsd-dev list.
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-dev/2014-09/msg00008.html

With these instructions I'm able to build ARM binaries that should be compatible with my device. At least `file` gives me the same output as for other software I had successfully cross-compiled for android (openssl,dropbear,bash,tcpdump,nmap etc.).

What makes me thinking is the output from `readelf -a gpsd`
[Requesting program interpreter: /lib/ld-linux.so.3]

Yeah, clearly wrong.  We will need to tweak scons for the Android
ABI.

Someone already did that but the project is no longer maintained.
https://github.com/richq/scons-android

Since I'm no programmer I can't contribute code but let me know if I can help you out some other way.

kind regards,
Longrin

RGDS
GARY