gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] NTP with GPS & 1PPS

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] NTP with GPS & 1PPS
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 13:13:34 -0800

Yo Sam!

On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 21:06:34 +0000
Sam Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was trying to void using gpsd in addition to ntp thinking that
> since I don't need gpsd for anything else, the fewer things I had
> running the better.

If you are not using gpsd, then why are you asking questions on the gpsd
list?

>  I'm not sure what the JSON driver is,

Good.  keep it that way.  :-)

> is that
> the same as the generic NMEA driver 127.127.20.0?

Nope.  The NMEA driver is pretty minimal.  gpsd will give you much
better results.  I guesss I should have read your question in more
detail, then I could have sent you t the ntpd people since you
are using their code and not ours.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588