gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 16:22:00 -0800

Yo Jon!

On Thu, 03 Mar 2016 18:13:57 -0600
Jon Brase <address@hidden> wrote:

> As to "why change", because I thought Hans was saying I had PPS wired
> to the wrong pin.

As far as gpsd is concerned, the only wrnog pin is a pin you can't get
kpps off of.  Your ppstest results show you have that part working.

> I know I'm getting PPS in PPS test,  I know I'm not in gpsmon, and
> I'm not sure if I am in GPSD.

gpsmon only shows one device at a time.  Your configuration is using
two devices: one the GPS serial, and one the gpio.

Gpsd works fine if you just specify the both devices:
        gpsd /dev/tty[your-gps] /dev/pps[your-pps]

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588