gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Support request for NavSpark GPS modules!

From: Sriram Chadalavada
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Support request for NavSpark GPS modules!
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 18:48:13 -0500

Yo Greg!
On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Greg Troxel <address@hidden> wrote:

"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> writes:

> Looks like you need 2 units to get the cm accuracy?  One as a base
> station and one as a rover?  It says the base station sending RTCM 3.x
> data can be 10Km away, so I'm guessing maybe an internet base feed is OK?
>
> Would the project be to support both base and rover modes?

You may also be interested in:

  http://www.emlid.com/reach/

which is a tiny (really tiny; the photo is a person with small-mid
hands!) board with Intel Edison and Ublox M8T plus antenna, $600 for a
pair.  It runs rtklib and in theory does 5 cm relative positioning.
Thanks. I'm aware of the above and am having it evaluated as an alternative GPS hardware for our design.

Either unit can be base or rover, and you can use public base stations
(e.g, my state DOT runs them).

A lot of this is built into rtklib, plus emlid has open-sourceb GUI
code:
  https://github.com/emlid/ReachView

We are working with rtklib Thanks for sharing the GUI code :)!

Generally these units are not trying to export time to another computer;
they are just doing processing of carrier-phase data between units.

RTK these days seems to be about RTCM3, which I think is sending the
carrier-phase observables over a differential data connection.   I am
unclear on whether one needs the observables for a particular second to
calculate the rover position at that second, or if there is some
forward-reckoning like on regular DGPS.

Can you let me know any  public base stations in Oregon or elsewhere I can connect to? I'm trying to connect to mount points from our local DOT ones with authorization using BKG Ntrip Client and NtripLinuxClient but am just NOT receiving ANY data.