gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] issues with u-blox m8l ADR

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] issues with u-blox m8l ADR
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 09:36:26 -0700

Yo Jorick!

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 13:51:00 +0200
Jorick Astrego <address@hidden> wrote:

> The M8L supports the "UBX-NAV-HNR (0x01 0x37) High Rate Output of PVT
> Solution", but gpsd only outputs at the normal rate. I could add it
> to the code base but don't have a good feel on where all the places
> are I need to make changes. I added the message to driver_ubx.h but
> it feels a bit to easy ;-)

Take a look at driver_ubx.c

If you have the spec for that message send it to this list, plus some
output from the GPS that has the message in it.  Say maybe a minute
of raw data.

> The second problem we have is that gpsd has the fix as 2D. This way I
> cannot get the altitude that we need. 2D should be fine and there is
> an elevation output in the tracklog .... but not in the gpsd output.
> Any idea how I can get the elevation with the c++ client?

If it is only a 2D fix, then you are not supposed to use the altitude.

Some GPS output crazy data when the invalid flag is set.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588