gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] issues with u-blox m8l ADR

From: Jorick Astrego
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] issues with u-blox m8l ADR
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:52:52 +0200

On 04/24/2016 06:36 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Jorick!

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 13:51:00 +0200
Jorick Astrego <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo Gary! :-)

The M8L supports the "UBX-NAV-HNR (0x01 0x37) High Rate Output of PVT
Solution", but gpsd only outputs at the normal rate. I could add it
to the code base but don't have a good feel on where all the places
are I need to make changes. I added the message to driver_ubx.h but
it feels a bit to easy ;-)
Take a look at driver_ubx.c

If you have the spec for that message send it to this list, plus some
output from the GPS that has the message in it.  Say maybe a minute
of raw data.
I have been looking at that and I guess I need to modify the "ubx_msg_nav_sol" part?

Sending the spec and raw output is a bit of a problem as we got the ProtocolSpec under NDA from u-blox. I will first have to contact them as it's not yet in the public domain :-(

The second problem we have is that gpsd has the fix as 2D. This way I
cannot get the altitude that we need. 2D should be fine and there is
an elevation output in the tracklog .... but not in the gpsd output.
Any idea how I can get the elevation with the c++ client?
If it is only a 2D fix, then you are not supposed to use the altitude.

Some GPS output crazy data when the invalid flag is set.

It is a valid 3d fix in my opinion, I will try what happens after I modify the code below to MODE_3D as we really need the altitude for our project and from what I see from the elevation output it's nice and stable and very much more correct then the normal 3D gps altitude.
from "driver_ubx.h"

 case UBX_MODE_GPSDR:    /* FIX-ME: DR-aided GPS may be valid 3D */
    session->newdata.mode = MODE_2D;

RGDS
GARY
	address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

Met vriendelijke groet, With kind regards,

Jorick Astrego

Netbulae Virtualization Experts

Tel: 053 20 30 270 address@hidden Staalsteden 4-3A KvK 08198180
Fax: 053 20 30 271 www.netbulae.eu 7547 TA Enschede BTW NL821234584B01