gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd always starting in foregound (a systemd solution)

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd always starting in foregound (a systemd solution)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 10:38:52 -0700

It appears you're running "service xyz" as non-root, and the system is
trying to be helpful. I think it's pol-kit that generates the actual
prompt, either in a gui or a terminal as appropriate. If you run "sudo
service xyz" you won't be prompted to authenticate because root is
authorized to do those things.

yeah. i hate systemd too.