gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Trying to cross-compile for arm

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Trying to cross-compile for arm
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 11:52:19 -0700

Yo Lukas!

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 15:14:51 +0000
"Jünger, Lukas" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm trying to cross-compile gpsd for my Altera SoC-FPGA board. I
> setup the linaro compiler and the linaro sysroot, also I
> cross-compiled ncurses and added it to the sysroot and I created a
>
> .scons-option-cache containing this:

I'm not sure changing an auto generated file is a good idea...

> arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -o cgps
> --sysroot=/home/lukas/sysroot-linux-gnueabi -pthread cgps.o -L.
> -lgps_static -lm -lrt -lncurses
> -ltinfo
> /home/lukas/gcc-linaro-5.1-2015.08-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/5.1.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld:
> cannot find -ltinfo [...]

I do not have libtinfo at all.  What is that for?  Have you tried
telling scons to not use it?

> Somehow ld doesn't find libtinfo I think. I created symbolic links
> in /lib of my sysroot like this:

I doubt that is where it needs to be for a cross compile.

Try strace to see where ld is really looking.

> Did any of you cross-compile gpsd before or does anyone have an idea
> what I am doing wrong?

Not me, but many have.  Hopefully one of them chimes in.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588