gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Trying to cross-compile for arm

From: Markus Juenemann
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Trying to cross-compile for arm
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 11:40:25 +1000

Hi Lukas,

I have successfully cross-compiled gpsd-3.10 for XScale/ARM but, of
course, every system is different and cross-compiling can be a very
painful experience.

There's some information the gpsd's build.txt file:

"Depending on how your distribution packages ncurses you may also
require libtinfo5, a separate terminfo library."

You said that you cross-compiled ncurses. Did the instructions mention
libtinfo5?

I suspect that the way you symlink libtinfo to libncurses is wrong.
libtinfo should be a separate library.

As you are certainly aware the error message 'cannot find -ltinfo' means
that the linker cannot find the library. Do you set CFLAGS and LDFLAGS
when running scons?

Depending on your needs you could put 'ncurses = False' into
.scons-option-cache but that way many of the useful command line tools
won't be build.

Happy to provide more help

Markus