gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] forcing baud and protocol

From: S. Franks
Subject: [gpsd-users] forcing baud and protocol
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 17:05:59 -0700

We've built gpsd with open-embedded/yocto for our Toradex / NXP imx6
arm twice this year.

One experience was with a trimble Resolution T (TSIP) GPS.

Other was a custom $6000 RTK device which outputs clean NMEA 0183:
GGA, RMC, VTG.

Both GPS are putting out an exemplary protocol stream, all my code can
decode time and LLA from either.

gpsd sees nothing.

We can connect any program (ie foxtrot) and LLA is always zero.

We see gpsd go through all the protocols, says no match for all of them.

I know what protocols I need to digest, and I know what the baud rate is.

I need to force them. This apparently is really helpful for people in
their basement with a $50 star-whatever from ebay.

But it looks to break badly when using an expensive GPS...

We've tried every possible combination of -b and -N and -n with no luck.

"It just (doesn't) works."

Thanks,
Steve