gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] forcing baud and protocol

From: Roger Oberholtzer
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] forcing baud and protocol
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 11:25:03 +0000

We use high-end receivers via a serial port and had the same baud rate issue.
The only thing we found that worked was making a udev rule:

KERNEL=="ttyS1",  SYMLINK="gps", MODE="666", OPTIONS="last_rule",
RUN+="/usr/bin/stty -F /dev/gps 38400"

We set the baud rate that the receiver has in the RUN part. We found that when
gpsd looks for the baud rate, it seems to try whatever the serial port is set
to first, and only if that fails does it explore. The other options in the rule
are for our own use. It is the RUN part that is the key.

Roger Oberholtzer

RST Systems

Office: +46 (0)10-615 6020
Mobile: +46 (0)70-815 1696