gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd not capturing device on startup

From: Joshua Quesenberry
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd not capturing device on startup
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 15:14:24 -0500

Looks like I found the issue. We had another piece of software that was
grabbing the interface that we didn't know was running. I guess both process
were crashing after cgps attempted to use the device, which relinquished
control of the port and was allowing me to gain control when running gpsd
manually. Now that the application doesn't autostart I've been able to
restart a few time successfully, so hopefully it's good now. I also reverted
back to the systemd craziness and that seems reliable now too.

Thanks!

JQ