gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] gpsd working with two PL2303 serial/USB interface

From: Alain Tribaudot
Subject: [gpsd-users] gpsd working with two PL2303 serial/USB interface
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 11:01:32 +0100

Hi GPSD users
I am using Ubuntu 16-04 on EEPC.
I get two adapters connected to my USB ports.
This is Actisense NMEA2000/NGW1 USB and BU353 GPS. Both are using the same driver PL2303 and gpsd recognize them at the first boot. It works except when the computer goes to hibernation. When I wake it up, the ports are switching from ttyUSB0/ttyUSB1 to ttyUSB1 and nothing else, ttyUSB0 is dead. The solution I found was to disconnect the device plugged on ttyUSB1 and replug it immediately. Then It comes back to ttyUSB0 but the divices are inverted. The issue is that the actisense is sending back data like HDG, and XTE sentences to an automatic pilot, you can imagine the course of the boat without data. I'd like to block this erratic behaviour but I did not find a solution to stop it. I did not find a way to distinguish in /lib/udev/rules.d/60-gpsd.rules the interfaces because they are using the same chipset prolific.

# Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port [linux module: pl2303]
# rule disabled in Debian as it matches too many other devices
ATTRS{idVendor}=="067b", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2303", SYMLINK+="gps%n", TAG+="systemd", ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}="address@hidden"

What can I do ?
Thanks in advance.
Regards