gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Status of my patches.

From: Sven Geggus
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Status of my patches.
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 14:36:51 +0000 (UTC)

Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, proving something to the gpsd project, by citing the gpsd docs,
> is a bit circular.

This is not the Point I intended to make. The AIS part of the NMEA
Protocol does provide a resolution of Minutes/10000 while scaled mode does
reduce this resolution.

I do not think that it is a good idea to do this regardless of what the real
resolution todays hardware really is.

I don't think that it does matter where the actual documentation of the
protocol originates at, be it an official document or reverse engineering.
The resolution is in the pakets and should thus also be provided in formated
output.

Regards

Sven

P.S.: As already stated, I do not care about this that much because I have a
workaround for my application in using unscaled mode.  However my other
patch fixes a real bug in json output and should thus be merged.

--
"Thinking of using NT for your critical apps?
                                  Isn't there enough suffering in the world?"