gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Status of my patches.

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Status of my patches.
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 11:26:15 -0700

Yo Sven!

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 14:36:51 +0000 (UTC)
Sven Geggus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Well, proving something to the gpsd project, by citing the gpsd
> > docs, is a bit circular.
>
> This is not the Point I intended to make. The AIS part of the NMEA
> Protocol does provide a resolution of Minutes/10000 while scaled mode
> does reduce this resolution.

Didn't recent patches fix that?  I thought I applied your patches?

> I do not think that it is a good idea to do this regardless of what
> the real resolution todays hardware really is.

So you want me to revert the recent patches?

> I don't think that it does matter where the actual documentation of
> the protocol originates at, be it an official document or reverse
> engineering.

Yes, we want out doc to be consistent.  Go ahead and submit any
specifics you have about inconsistencies.

But the issue was "what is right", not "cosistency".

> The resolution is in the pakets and should thus also be
> provided in formated output.

So your patches were wrong?  Got better ones?

> P.S.: As already stated, I do not care about this that much because I
> have a workaround for my application in using unscaled mode.  However
> my other patch fixes a real bug in json output and should thus be
> merged.

Was that not done?  If not, please resend.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588