grammatica-users

Re: [Grammatica-users] Thanks for the great library

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Grammatica-users] Thanks for the great library
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:49:39 +0200

Thanks for the positive comments!

I've worked on the performance side of things in version 1.5, so the
tokenizer is now much improved in many cases. But there is now also
support for reusing the same parser for several input streams, which
will reduce the amount of processing required to analyze the grammar
itself (which is otherwise done once for each parsing session).

If you want to further improve the speed, I think the right place
might be to optimize your Analyzer subclass to avoid creating full
parse trees (if those are large). But such speed optimizations must be
done on a case-by-case basis depending on your needs.

Cheers,

/Per