graveman-general

Re: [Graveman-general] Global Config file

From: Sylvain Cresto
Subject: Re: [Graveman-general] Global Config file
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 01:19:32 +0200

therevel a écrit :

Hi,

is there a way to make graveman use a global config file for default
entries?

What I have in mind is this: I want the users not to use /tmp as the
place for temporary files because we're
using diskless-clients with tmpfs. With a global config I could set this
path to something else.

The user config could override the global defaults, but it would be nice
if I could define them in the first place.

Thanks in advanced,
Niels

Hi,

Graveman try to be compliant with FreeDesktop.org XDG Base Directory Specification
( http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/latest/ ).
So config file search order is:
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/graveman/graveman.conf
$HOME/.config/graveman/graveman.conf
$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS[]/graveman/graveman.conf

(XDG_CONFIG_HOME, HOME and XDG_CONFIG_DIRS are environment variables).

By setting those variables before that graveman is starting I think you could use a
global config file for default entries.

Sylvain