grdesktop-users

Re: [grdesktop-users] grdesktop does not start anymore !?

From: Riko Wichmann
Subject: Re: [grdesktop-users] grdesktop does not start anymore !?
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:41:55 +0100

Actually, it seems to have been a much bigger problem and the
non-starting of grdesktop was just the way it manifested!

I got suspicious, when I couldn't launch gconf-editor as you suggested.

To cut a long, painful story short: somehow my gnome installation got
(partially) corrupted. When I logged out, gdm crashed and wouldn't
restart. I actually partially re-build chunks of the display and desktop
bins and libs from the sources. After I was able to get a gnome session
back, also grdesktop is running again.

Unfortunately, I have no clue what happened.

Thanks for the reply, though! I use grdesktop daily!!

Cheers,
        Riko

Thorsten Sauter wrote:
* Riko Wichmann <address@hidden> [2005-02-22 13:21]:
| Any idea, how I get back into business?

Have you tried to remove the grdesktop section in the Gnome
configuration? (gconf-editor). Maybe there is something wrong here.

Regards,
Thorsten