grep-devel

Re: [Grep-devel] buildbot failure in OpenCSW Buildbot on ggrep-solaris10

From: Dagobert Michelsen
Subject: Re: [Grep-devel] buildbot failure in OpenCSW Buildbot on ggrep-solaris10-sparc
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 15:07:39 +0200

Hi Paul,

Am 18.08.2017 um 18:02 schrieb Paul Eggert <address@hidden>:
> This appears to be a problem with how that buildbot is configured. I filed a
> bug report against the buildbot here:
>
> https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=5304

Thanks for the report. This is a long-standing issue and I never came around
updating the
old gtk as this build was contributed to OpenCSW a long time ago and was not
done with
our build system, so it would be a complete rewrite of the gtk package.

However. I investigated this issue a couple of years ago and it is harmless:
after all
it is just a warning:

running: AUTOPOINT=true LIBTOOLIZE=true autoreconf --verbose --install --force
-I m4  --no-recursive

autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: running: true --force
autoreconf: running: /opt/csw/bin/aclocal -I m4 --force
/opt/csw/share/aclocal/gtk.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GTK
/opt/csw/share/aclocal/gtk.m4:7:   run info Automake 'Extending aclocal'
/opt/csw/share/aclocal/gtk.m4:7:   or see
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

^^^^—— Warning

build-aux/git-version-gen: bad substitution
configure.ac:72: error: AC_INIT should be called with package and version
arguments
/opt/csw/share/aclocal-1.15/init.m4:29: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is expanded from...
configure.ac:72: the top level
^^^^—— This is the actual error in your configure.ac which needs fixing.

autom4te: /opt/csw/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: error: echo failed with exit status: 1
autoreconf: /opt/csw/bin/aclocal failed with exit status: 1
bootstrap: autoreconf failed

The error lies in #72 in your configure.ac and I would very much like to close
the bug
as won’t fix if you agree.

Best regards

  — Dago

--
"You don't become great by trying to be great, you become great by wanting to
do something,