Re: [Groff] character garble

From: D. E. Evans
Subject: Re: [Groff] character garble
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:55:07 -0600 (MDT)

   Read man grotty (if you can see it through the escape sequences!).

man grotty works fine.

   variable GROFF_NO_SGR - this will revert grotty to the old behavior of

This does not appear to work.  (By set, I presume you mean add a
value of 1?)

   backspacing and overprinting.  Essentially, to get it all to work
   smoothly on your system *with* SGR sequences, you need to adjust the
   behavior of your pager - as described in the manpage.

Right.  I'll look through the pager documentation, and see if I
can set a global environment variable that will do this.