Re: [Groff] Groff wiki?

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff wiki?
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:10:23 -0400

Ted Harding wrote:

On 28-Oct-05 Robert Goulding wrote:

...it seems to me that a wiki for
groff would be very useful.  ...

This is a good idea! I've often thought of putting such things
somewhere, for people to consult or to incorporate into more systematic
documentation about different aspects of groff. ...

I had that idea a while back, but never acted on it or even talked
about it.

I'd also sound a note of caution, however. My local Linux User
Group ( http://www.alug.org.uk ) has had a wiki going for some
 months now, and it has unfortunately been vandalised on occasion,

There are Wiki variants that provide page rollback, diff, and so
on, which provide some ways to mitigate WikiSpam, vandalism,
and so forth. LyX (wiki.lyx.org) uses one called PmWiki
(http://www.pmichaud.com/pub/pmwiki).

--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"