Re: [Groff] Groff wiki?

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff wiki?
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:00:09 +0100 (BST)

On 28-Oct-05 Larry Kollar wrote:

> Bernd Warken wrote:
>

>> There is a wiki page with an article on groff:
>>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groff.
>
> There's a troff page, with a very familiar-sounding history,
> at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troff
>
>> It is quite small.  The German version
>>   http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groff
>> is different and much larger.  Strangely enough, it comments `lbl'
>> as supported preprocessor.
>
> I'll bet that's a typo & it's supposed to be "tbl" instead.

I thought so at first glance -- but the preprocessors listed are
tbl, eqn, pic, lbl, refer; so 'tbl' is already there.

When you look at what they do:

tbl     Tabel
eqn     mathematische Ausdrücke
pic     Grafiken
lbl     Untertitel von Tabellen und Bildern
refer   Bibliografische Verweiselen

you see it says that 'lbl' does "Subtitles/captions for tables
and figures" -- which is not quite right (see my earlier post)
but in the right area.

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>