Re: [Groff] PS printing - was Re: `Idot' vs. `Idotaccent'

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: [Groff] PS printing - was Re: `Idot' vs. `Idotaccent'
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:25:13 -0700

I recently typeset a 400-page book that is going to the publisher
in the next few weeks (I am not the author).  It is typeset using
groff and PostScript output.  I also convert the PS to PDF for
emailing to reviewers.  Font used: New Century Schoolbook: normal
bold, and italics.

I also create slide presentations similar in some respects to
PowerPoint, but much faster and packed into much less disk space.
I prefer PS because I can embed EPS files into individual slides
when I need capabilities that groff cannot support, such as
pie charts.

Clarke Echols

Michail Vidiassov wrote:
Dear All,

let us run some survey.
Please, tell us, how do you use groff PS output.
Do you know how other people use it?
Is it really in use?
Do you use fonts supplied with groff or install your own font files?

Werner is now desiding what to consider the default font set for devps.

     Sincerely, Michail