grub-devel

Re: Pre-alpha scripting engine

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: Pre-alpha scripting engine
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:26:59 -0600

On Jan 20, 2005, at 12:34 PM, Serbinenko Vladimir wrote:

Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:

If your intention is to make your scripting engine standard in GRUB, I'd recommend considering what you really want to do with a scripting language under GRUB. IIRC, you haven't described what your motivation is.

My motivation is an automatisation of booting e.g. run different commands depending on circumstances (time, system crash, wake-on-..., undoing booting preparation(hide,unhide,...))

I'm also curious about this. Could you provide some easily understood examples (in the syntax of your choosing)? What I mean is: if your ideal script engine were already part of GRUB, what scripts would you use with it? Don't just describe them; instead put them into an email.

-Hollis