grub-devel

Re: GRUB history

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: GRUB history
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:03:27 -0400

On Jul 17, 2005, at 4:23 PM, Marco Gerards wrote:
I am looking
forwards to the release.  It would be nice if we could get a
kerneltrap article, it could attract more developers. :)

I would be interested in this myself. I do not know the history of GRUB development: How many people were active in GRUB 0.9x development? What was PUPA? Why did GRUB2 have to be a rewrite? What are the benefits of the now-rewritten code? Etc.

-Hollis