grub-devel

Re: mkfs command in grub

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: mkfs command in grub
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:08:23 +0000

On Friday 10 March 2006 21:44, Marco Gerards wrote:
> I think it is easy to implement this feature, and agree it might be
> useful in the cases you described.  I wonder how the other developers
> think about including such feature.

For me, this kind of feature is an OS's task rather than a boot loader's. Boot
loaders should concentrate on booting up operation systems, and the other
tasks should be left to each operation system. Making a filesystem is not
related to booting, since newly created filesystems contain no boot
information.

Okuji