grub-devel

Re: Warnings when building svn2137

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Warnings when building svn2137
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:52:35 -0400

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 13:58 -0400, BandiPat wrote:
> BandiPat wrote:
> > Getting these errors when building the package for Zenwalk Linux!
> >
> > WARNING:  zero length file usr/include/grub/lib/datetime.h
> > WARNING:  usr/man/man1/grub-mkimage.1.gz is an empty gzipped file

I guess it's files installed in a temporary location, and the messages
are from your package manager.

> Answering my own email.  Seems these files have been empty for quite
> some time, so this is nothing new.  Don't understand why suddenly one of
> my computers started alerting me to them, while another still does not
> mention them.  Seems though, someone still needs to fill these manuals
> up so they'll have some info for the users later.  :-)

The manuals are generated from the output of the corresponding commands.
I believe your version of help2man is not working.  I'm going to fix the
makefile to prevent generation of empty manuals in that case.

> The only real warning at this point is the datetime.h, as it shouldn't
> be showing up at all.

Zero length datetime.h and datetime.c were left in the tree erroneously.
They were supposed to be moved to different locations.  I have removed
the empty files.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin