grub-devel

Re: Warnings when building svn2137

From: BandiPat
Subject: Re: Warnings when building svn2137
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:37:48 -0400

Pavel Roskin wrote:

The manuals are generated from the output of the corresponding commands.
I believe your version of help2man is not working.  I'm going to fix the
makefile to prevent generation of empty manuals in that case.
-----------
Thanks Pavel. Turns out I didn't know about help2man, so did not have it installed. Also turns out that the Zenwalk mirrors did not have it available either, so I built a package for that. After installing it, then recompiling the package, all is well. Wish I had known about that little program before! I'm guessing there are other programs that use it when building.

The only real warning at this point is the datetime.h, as it shouldn't be showing up at all.

Zero length datetime.h and datetime.c were left in the tree erroneously.
They were supposed to be moved to different locations.  I have removed
the empty files.

-------
This one has never been a big problem, but I'll be glad to see the warning go away at the end of the package build & check. Thanks for your help with this.

Regards,
Pat

--
       ---Zenwalk v6.0--Linux 2.6.28---