grub-devel

Re: [RFC] New menu design based on MVC

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: [RFC] New menu design based on MVC
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:48:15 -0400

On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 23:54 +0800, Bean wrote:

> Once the official version is out, people could start creating theme
> files, which make it more difficult to change the format. I think it'd
> be better if we can make it right the first time.

I tend to agree with Robert here.  It's more important to make a stable
release.  As for the themes, we should make it clear that there will be
incompatible changes in the menu and the graphics subsystem, so that
theme authors are prepared to deal with it.

We should not be constrained by the expectations that we explicitly
disclaim.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin