grub-devel

Re: sparc64 network autoconfiguration

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: sparc64 network autoconfiguration
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:25:24 +0300

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Toomas Soome <address@hidden> wrote:

>> On 18. märts 2016, at 11:54, Andrei Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 12:49 PM, Stanislav Kholmanskikh
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hi!

>>> I can't say for Oracle HW in general, but on T4, T5, T7 machines booting via
>>> DHCP/TFTP is supported, for example via 'boot net:dhcp'.
>>>

>> Sure, but is content of DHCP ACK available to GRUB (see
>> grub-core/net/drivers/ieee1275/ofnet.c:grub_ieee1275_net_config_real())
>> - i.e. can GRUB do autoconfiguration of network interface used to load
>> it based on information from firmware?
>>

> the ack is saved in /chosen-bootreply in forth code. (google
> /chosen-bootreply openboot does some hints in openboot source in
> coreboot.org).

We are currently looking for the following properties on /chosen/bootpath

bootp_response_properties[] =
  {
    { .name = "bootp-response", .offset = 0},
    { .name = "dhcp-response", .offset = 0},
    { .name = "bootpreply-packet", .offset = 0x2a},
  };

As I understand this does not cover sparc, it need additional code to
parse different node, right?