guile-devel-internal

Re: LSH - how is it for you?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: LSH - how is it for you?
Date: 10 Nov 2000 17:04:04 +0000

    Jim> I've encountered some bugs in Emacs with downloading diffs in
    Jim> the past.  Could you verify the problem using CVS directly
    Jim> from the command line?

As I mentioned below...

    >> Sometimes I get effectively the same problem with `cvs diff' on
    >> the command line.  More commonly, though, I get a different
    >> problem with `cvs diff': the output is simply truncated in the
    >> middle of a line, without even a line feed character before the
    >> next shell prompt.

However, briefly experimenting with the few scheme.texi changes that I
have uncommitted right now, `cvs diff' works every time, whereas `M-x
ediff-revision' is wrong as described below.

So right now, it does seem that `cvs diff' is less problematic than
ediff-revision.

As far as I can remember, `cvs diff' goes wrong pretty reliably when
the diffs are substantial enough.  I can't get it to go wrong at all
today though!  I just tried copying posix.texi to scheme.texi, then
`cvs diff scheme.texi', and the result was fine.

So perhaps we should focus on the Emacs problem and the general
slowness only.

Regards,
        Neil