guile-devel-internal

Re: LSH - how is it for you?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: LSH - how is it for you?
Date: 11 Nov 2000 13:58:37 +0000

    Jim> That sounds like an LSH bug to me, too.  If you can find a
    Jim> repeatable way to make it happen, then we can start debugging
    Jim> it.

OK, I've put my working copy of scheme.texi up at
http://www.ossau.uklinux.net/scheme.texi.

To try to reproduce the problem, copy this into your working
guile-doc/ref directory, load into Emacs, and use `M-x ediff-revision'
to compare against the latest committed version of scheme.texi
(currently 1.61).

I just tried this twice.  Results were different in the two cases, but
both times I got 5 or 6 of the spurious "missing chunk" diffs that I
described in the beginning of this thread.

So - can anyone else reproduce this problem?

Many thanks,

        Neil

PS. Possibly relevant version info:

address@hidden ref]$ cvs --version

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.10.7 (client/server)

Copyright (c) 1989-1998 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
                        Jeff Polk, and other authors

CVS may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution kit.

Specify the --help option for further information about CVS
address@hidden ref]$ lsh --version
lsh-1.0.3, secsh protocol version 2.0
address@hidden ref]$ emacs --batch --eval '(print (emacs-version))' --kill

"GNU Emacs 20.5.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of Tue Feb 22 2000 on porky.devel.redhat.com"