Re: DTRT wrt authorship info + using examples in "make check"

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: DTRT wrt authorship info + using examples in "make check"
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 12:00:06 -0700

   From: Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden>
   Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 12:30:49 +0200

   I think this is a good idea.  Additional testing is always good.  And
   we don't want to ship broken examples, do we?  That'd be too
   embarassing.

i have just checked in a change to examples/scripts/Makefile.am and an
executable check.test in same dir (in 1.6 branch), for your review.
top-level "make check" seems to invoke this one w/o problems.  if there
are no objections; i'll start to work my way through the examples dirs,
in the order specified in examples/README.  this may take a while given
my (sadly) low time allocation to guile these days, so i encourage you
to start from the bottom and we'll meet somewhere in between...

i'll add this to 1.6 TODO, also.  when things are in good shape, we can
port these new checks en-masse to the head branch.

   and the problem is gone...  Or am I missing something?

your suggestion is implemented in check.test, w/ an override option
(env var "GUILE" can specify another interpreter).

thi