Re: DTRT wrt authorship info + using examples in "make check"

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: DTRT wrt authorship info + using examples in "make check"
Date: 21 Jul 2001 09:27:54 -0500

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> why not move it to scripts, instead?  seems like an excellent candidate
> for that directory, actually.  we could either modify guile.m4 to invoke
> "guile-tools guile-config ARGS" or just make a special case and install
> scripts/guile-config in two places (w/ the scripts, and in bindir)...

Because tools like g-wrap (and any other tool that wants to generate
some code and then build a guile linked executable from within guile)
needs access to that information, and it seems awkward to require them
to invoke an external script when the information is readily available
in their current environment.

It seemed more natural to me to create (ice-9 config) and have it
export commands that return all the link/compile/whatever info, and
then turn guile-config into a trivial #!/usr/bin/guile script that
called those functions and returned the result.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu