Re: Do you recognize these modules?

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: Do you recognize these modules?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 09:59:26 -0400

>> Luckily, I haven't actually started the rewrite, because I also have
>> limited time to work on this. So I'm very glad to hear that you're
>> interested in transfering them. If you are the only author of the
>> pieces, then I think the transfer is simple - you put the FSF
>> copyright notice at the top, and you're done.
>
> Uh no.  You can't just assign copyright to somebody without asking them,
> much like you can't just assign parentship to somebody without asking
> them.

Yes, this was specific to this situation, because I thought that he
had already signed a copyright assignment form. I don't mean this as a
general statement of when you can make changes to Guile.

> Since Thien-Thi Nguyen assigned copyright to GOOPS and general changes
> to future changes to GUILE to the FSF in 2000 already, it is more or
> less a matter of him checking in the changes or otherwise contributing
> them in a manner making clear that the contribution is intentional.
> Matching copyright headers are obviously a good indicator for that.

Ah, so he would have to either check them in himself or send them as
patches to the list, correct? (In addition to the assignment.)

Noah