Re: guile-gnome releases: platform 2.7.96, bunch of "extras"

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: guile-gnome releases: platform 2.7.96, bunch of "extras"
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 19:33:00 +0200

Hi Jan,

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 21:03 +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> From what branch are you releasing?

>From address@hidden I recognized that I won't be doing
releases off of the main archive for a while, because I do all of my
work offline. Thus, my branches are the sources for guile-gnome
releases. This is formally acknowledged in autogen-pkg.sh:

# Defines the subdir of ../configs/ from which releases are made.
# Packages that aren't from these configs will carry a date and releaser
# stamp.
release_manager="wingo"

But my archive's mirror needs updating, and I need to merge my dists
category with the upstream archive. Once that happens you can just do a
build-config from guile-gnome's dists package to get my branches.

>   May I suggest the build fix below

> -GUILE_LOAD_PATH := $(PKG_PATH):${G_WRAP_MODULE_DIR}:${GUILE_LOAD_PATH}
> +GUILE_LOAD_PATH :=
> $(top_builddir)/glib:$(PKG_PATH):${G_WRAP_MODULE_DIR}:${GUILE_LOAD_PATH}

Why? I don't get it. Things build fine here, both in the srcdir and in a
separate builddir. $(PKG_PATH) should contain glib iff it's in the
source tree. More information needed! :)

Regards,
--
Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
http://ambient.2y.net/wingo/