Re: Please Help -- GtkCellRendererCombo

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Please Help -- GtkCellRendererCombo
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:48:37 +0200

Hi Puneet,

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 14:22 +0530, Puneet Goyal wrote:
>   I am trying to hack guile-gnome to add GtkCellRendererCombo (GTK
> VERSION 2.5.6) as a possible cell renderer.

Hm. I don't really have time to make a GTK+ 2.6 branch of guile-gnome
right now. You can see about doing this yourself though. It could be
easy to make a first cut at it...

>   I made some trivial changes in the gtk.defs file.

Our defs are all generated now. Anything that the generator
misses/messes up is fixed in the "overrides", in gtk/gnome/overrides/
(as opposed to defs/gnome/defs/).

So you shouldn't edit the main defs. Just go into defs/gnome/defs and
type "make gtk". That will rescan the headers. Then go into the gtk dir,
make clean, and make. Hopefully there are no problems, but you may need
to add something to the overrides to fix compile errors.

This process will not be done in the main guile-gnome archive until we
write an API verifier, so that we can make sure that new versions are
really compatible with old ones. However, it might help your situation.

Regarding your error, it shouldn't happen. I suspect you inadvertantly
messed up the overrides so that GtkTreeModel isn't recognized as an
interface, but I can't know without seeing patches.

A final note: consider setting up your own archive and branch of
guile-gnome. See the notes on the web page and in the HACKING file.

Cheers,
--
Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
http://ambient.2y.net/wingo/