Re: guile-gnome0 - unexplained GTK crashes since +- 10 days

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: guile-gnome0 - unexplained GTK crashes since +- 10 days
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:49:09 +0100

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:21:05 +1000
John Steele Scott <address@hidden> wrote:

> Have you installed guile-1.8 recently? When I did that on my Ubuntu
> system, guile-gnome broke. I can't remember if this was the error though.
>
> The fix was to edit /usr/bin/guile-gnome-0 and replace the two instances
> of "exec guile" with "exec guile-1.6".

Thank you so much John,

I've just checked that out, but I confirm that this is not the case,
we are still using guile-1.6.8:

        address@hidden:/usr/bin 4 $ guile-gnome-0 --version
        Guile 1.6.8

The only recent change in the application that crashes (now quite
often and randomly) is that we have, for the first time, introduced
the usage of a GtkFileChooserDialog [to give users a possibility 'to
print' to a pdf file]

To 'open' the dialog, (initially 'visible no' 'modal no' (glade)) I use
the same technique as for all other 'windows' of our application:

        (if parent
            (gtk-window-set-transient-for <the-dialog> parent))
        (set-modal <the-dialog> #t)
        (show-all <the-dialog>)
        (gtk-widget-map <the-dialog>)

To 'close' it:

        (set-modal <the-dialog> #f)
        (gtk-widget-unmap <the-dialog>)

Anything wrong with that for the GtkFileChooserDialog?
Thanks,
David