Re: entries and guile-gui

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: entries and guile-gui
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:45:54 +1100

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> I wonder if interpreting unspecified as true there is a good idea.
>> Unspecified almost certainly means the callback hasn't realized it
>> should be returning true/false.  What about throwing an error for that
>> case (any callback that returns bool), to keep people out of trouble?
>
> Yes, I'd say that's an excellent idea.

I ended up not doing anything for this.  At the point we're about to
return to gtk there's no good scope for a scheme error, the best would
be basically a printf.  It's probably a real enough problem though --
I just fixed some spots in the examples/test-gdk.scm program that
weren't careful with event handler return values.

If one wanted to get radical I suppose #unspecified could be
disallowed in any "if" or "scm_is_true" etc.  (Which in the case of
guile-gtk wouldn't mean much more than disallowing it for gtk funcs
taking boolean parameters args.)  ...