Re: Using guile-gtk 2.0 on windows

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Using guile-gtk 2.0 on windows
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 07:40:45 +1000

"Remacle, F \(Francois\)" <address@hidden> writes:

>> (not sure if something wrong happened the first time as I did not see
>> the message so I send it again).

Didn't appear.  You might make sure you're not posting html.

>> I was wondering if anyone had some experience of using this on
>> windows.

Not me, but taking some wild guesses ...

>> I firstly had a problem at the moment it was searching for the args
>> when passing from sgtk_init to sgtk_init_with_args, I got around it by
>> specified argc=0 and lst=NULL

It might want at least one arg (the program name).

>> scm_make_smob_type (char const *name, size_t size)
>> #define FUNC_NAME "scm_make_smob_type"
>> {
>>   long new_smob;
>>
>> --->  SCM_CRITICAL_SECTION_START;

Sounds like a problem within guile itself, though I wouldn't know
what.

You might try building with --with-threads=pthreads=no or null or
whatever it is, if that isn't what configure has chosen already.  I
think there were some recent problems with threads on mingw.  If you
do that make sure you rebuild guile-gtk against the changed guile, the
threads setting gets into the guile-gtk build.