Using guile-gtk 2.0 on windows

From: Remacle, F \(Francois\)
Subject: Using guile-gtk 2.0 on windows
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:19:03 +0100

(not sure if something wrong happened the first time as I did not see the message so I send it again).
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had some experience of using this on windows. I have built it but have some problem at runtime when it need to be loaded dynamically. Via dynlink.scm in the gtk-2.0 directory.

I firstly had a problem at the moment it was searching for the args when passing from sgtk_init to sgtk_init_with_args, I got around it by specified argc=0 and lst=NULL but after that it fails in sgtk_init_substrate, when making the first call to scm_make_smob_type…

When I trace it with the debugger it points to

scm_make_smob_type (char const *name, size_t size)
#define FUNC_NAME "scm_make_smob_type"
{
  long new_smob;

--->  SCM_CRITICAL_SECTION_START;
  new_smob = scm_numsmob;
  if (scm_numsmob != MAX_SMOB_COUNT)
    ++scm_numsmob;
  SCM_CRITICAL_SECTION_END;

And in more details to:

#define SCM_CRITICAL_SECTION_START \
  do {
    scm_i_pthread_mutex_lock (&scm_i_critical_section_mutex);
--->SCM_I_CURRENT_THREAD->block_asyncs++;
    scm_i_critical_section_level++;
  } while (0)

Does anyone has faced this before? Even on another platform?

Thanks