Re: gdk-window-set-icon null-ok

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: gdk-window-set-icon null-ok
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 16:45:29 +0200

Hello world,

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 02:21 +0100, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> guile> (use-modules (gnome gtk))
> guile> (gdk-window-set-icon (make <gdk-window>) #f #f #f)
>
> (<unknown>:15038): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_set_icon: assertion
> `GDK_WINDOW_TYPE (window) != GDK_WINDOW_CHILD' failed
> guile>
>
> AFAICS, there is currently now way to specify that the window created
> should be of type toplevel, since GdkWindowAttr is not wrapped and
> thus there is now meaningful way of calling gdk-window-new.

True.

> I'm not
> sure what magic it is that makes the (make <gdk-window>), which is
> parameterless (as opposed to gdk-window-new) - GdkWindow isn't a
> GObject,

guile> (gtype-from-name "GdkWindow")
$1 = #<gtype GdkWindow>
guile> (gtype-parent $1)
$2 = #<gtype GdkDrawable>

GdkWindow is indeed a GObject type, which is why `make' works.
Unfortunately it has no properties, so we have no easy way around the
GdkWindowAttr issue except wrapping GdkWindowAttr.

Regards,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/