Re: New gwave 20090124 on Sourceforge uses guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: New gwave 20090124 on Sourceforge uses guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 12:55:58 +0100

On Fri 06 Feb 2009 04:11, steve tell <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm pleased to announce the release of an update to Gwave, a viewer for
> analog waveform data such as that produced by gnucap and other
> spice-like simulators.

Awesome, looks very nice!

> I see that Fedora 10 has not updated from 2.15.93.   I've been rolling
> my own 2.16.1 rpm for testing, and would like to do what I can to help
> get the latest packaged up.

I would say, ping the package owner:

   https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/laxathom

Sending along a patch to the .spec file would probably be good.

> Other potential users of my program are using debian-based
> distributions, so I'm curious about the status there, but less well
> equipped to help out directly.

It appears debian is even farther behind:

  http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/guile-gnome-platform

I think debian packages probably need a new maintainer. Rotty's a bit
more responsive now, but probably could use some help; anyone want to
step up for this? You could probably become a "Debian Maintainer", as
it's much easier than becoming a DD proper.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/