Re: welcome! :)

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: welcome! :)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 20:26:49 +0200

On Tue 28 Sep 2010 18:10, Patrick Bernaud <address@hidden> writes:

> Andy Wingo writes:
>  > I just added you to the guile-gnome project. Feel free to commit any
>  > obvious fixes, so long as they respect the API-stability guarantees that
>  > we have.
>
> I have now pushed a few simple changes, mostly from the BT, as a
> test. Let me know if I did anything wrong.

Hm, as Greg (I think) notes, pull-packages doesn't do the right
thing. Hmm. Anyway, the fixes all look great. I guess we need to figure
out something different for pull-packages though.

> I totally agree: let's get a new 2.16 release supporting Guile 1.9
> with fixes for building against current GTK/GNOME. Then we can start
> updating to more recent GNOME version.
>
> Regarding Guile-GNOME, apart from fixing bugs from the BT, I want to
> fix the examples (work in progress) before the release.
>
> I would add that it would be nice to also have a bugfix release
> of guile-cairo at the same time.

Sure. I do have one pending commit there. Let me see about getting
guile-cairo on savannah. Perhaps it should be a GNU project?

> It may be possible to transition to introspection first by using the
> GIR XML format: similarly to how the '.defs' are processed, the '.gir'
> files could be used to generate the C wrapper files.

True, true.

Ideally it would be nice to leave g-wrap behind, and just use Guile's
native FFI in 1.9, but that's another project.

Thanks for the excellent hack, good sir!

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/