Re: language translator help

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: language translator help
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 23:20:46 +0100

> Rob (and me) do not only have to be informed (which we are), but also
> need to approve.  That was the main point: Thi did not make it
> sufficiently clear to me that he will accept this.

Aiouauou.  Needs to approve what?  If this is about leaving 1.4 for
stability and performance improvements only, then I think that's right and
proper (I hate APIs changing, even subtly, during a stable series).  If it's
a desire to approve every commit, that's insane.

> > mvo, if you can't see what Thi is doing, please ask small direct
> > questions.
> IMO I did that, and I think it's a good suggestion nevertheless.
> > Try to avoid confrontation where possible (easier said than done, I
> > know).
> Normally, I avoid confrontation by ignoring people (and hope that
> drives them a little mad), but I don't think that avoiding
> confrontation is always the best idea.  I do not enjoy it, of
> course...

Those two were intended to be taken together: try to avoid confrontation
while asking the small direct questions.  Sorry for being unclear.
--
MJR