Re: language translator help

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: language translator help
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:46:02 GMT

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> wrote:
> ummm, i'm a maintainer as are all the people w/ write privs.  the only
> difference between a maintainer and a user is those write privs.  [...]

FWIW, just from a user's point of view: I'd like to see Thi continue working
on Guile, but whoever is the release manager (mvo?) has to be kept informed
and cannot be blamed for trying to act in the long-term interest of the
project.

mvo, if you can't see what Thi is doing, please ask small direct questions.
Try to avoid confrontation where possible (easier said than done, I know).

Thi, if you're doing stuff that you think the release manager isn't going to
grok, explain it properly.  You may wish to maintain guile, but if you're
not explaining, it isn't very helpful for maintaining.  Of course, these
comments are true for all contributors.

My Opinion Only.