Re: statically linking in srfi modules

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: statically linking in srfi modules
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 17:52:38 +0000

I succeeded in linking Denemo with the call

scm_c_register_extension ("libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3", "scm_init_srfi_1",
                             scm_init_srfi_1, NULL);
inserted right at the beginning of inner_main (the  value passed to
scm_boot_guile, that is), but disappointingly I still get the error
message when srfi-1 tries to dynamically load

<libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3 The specified module could not be found.>

I found some documentation on this call at
http://mulliken.chem.hope.edu/cgi-bin/info2www.cgi?(guile)Extensions

and it indicated the first argument could be NULL, which would reduce
the danger of a typo in that string causing trouble, but alas with NULL
the same error message occurs. I have checked that scm_init_srfi_1 is a
genuinely non-null pointer, so I don't quite know where to go next. I
have gdb running on the windows box (again, thanks to the mxe
cross-compilation project), but perhaps someone can spare me tracking
through the libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3.a code?

Richard